A On line casino in Enid, OK???.If an Indian tribe, worked through every one of the bureaucratic process with the Bureau of Indian Affairs and may build an online casino in downtown Enid, will you be for or against it? If you live in Enid and occasionally visit other casinos across the state, you probably run into others you know from Enid, partaking inside recreation furnished by the casinos. These are the same some people that have left our town and so are spending their recreation dollars elsewhere. They are shopping at the stores, eating on the restaurants, and staying on the hotels within the area.
A brief history:
The capability to run bingo games was among the numerous concessions built to tribes in Oklahoma. Then some very ingenious person developed a bingo game that appeared to be a slot machine game. We have seen the little digital bingo card at the top corner with the display screen of the slot machine. From that invention forward, Oklahoma casinos begun to spring up everywhere. After all, you were still playing bingo, just in a new and technical way. Later, a gaming compact involving the tribes and the State of Oklahoma allowed the usage of Vegas style slot machine games, poker, and blackjack. Thus, bigger and casinos were built and are still being built throughout Oklahoma.
A casino can only be built within historic tribal boundaries after which placed inside a trust with the U.S. government. Since Enid has no casino, is that the reason? Then upon researching Garfield County, Oklahoma via Wikipedia, it was found, that prior to Land Run of 1893, Garfield County was named O County and was part with the Cherokee Outlet, occupied through the Cherokee people pursuing the Treaty of New Echota and also the Cherokee trail of tears. Historically, the spot was a hunting ground from the Wichita, Osage, and Kiowa tribes. Does that qualify us to within historic tribal boundaries?
Positive facets of a casino in Enid:
1. The revenues generated from casinos are taken up operate tribal governments and programs for its citizens. In addition, a portion from the revenue is split with the State of Oklahoma.
2. Tribes utilize the revenues to enhance infrastructure.
3. Related tourist attractions are built.
4. Jobs are created.
5. The added income and influx of tourists increase retail trade.
6. Promotes tribal economic development.
7. The casinos donate to local charities.
8. A survey of casino patrons found out that over 80 percent of the visitors to casinos were interested in also doing something other than gambling. So the casino becomes an anchor for other tourism attractions like family water parks.
9. The casinos create new lines of cooperative economic development between American Indians and non-Indian entrepreneurs.
10. Casinos give you a magnet for outside money that would get more info not previously exist.
11. Local resident who accustomed to travel outside in the area now stays within the spot.
12. More construction jobs are set up building casinos.
13. Gambling is surely an accepted method for governments to raise funds. It is described as source of money that's easier to obtain because it is not a tax on individuals.
14. In several communities the subsequent businesses showed an surge in profits, attendance, and customers after an online casino came to their area:
a. Retail stores
c. Local arts and crafts shows
d. Hunting and fishing activities
e. Horse trail rides
f. Festivals and events had higher attendance
g. Movie theaters
h. Historical sites were visited more regularly
i. Scenic drives
j. Walking trails
k. Water parks
l. Biking trails
m. Roller skating
n. Fitness centers
Negative aspects of a casino in Enid
1. Tourism dollars hinge on how well the casino pays out. Winners may spend freely, but losers may return purchases and cut their hotel stays short.
2. For some gambling becomes a dependency.
3. Gambling kills time, and subtracts from time used on useful endeavors.
4. Locally-owned businesses go bankrupt because consumers have changed their expenditures to casinos.
5. Wealthy Indian gaming tribes pour huge amount of money into political campaigns at both state and federal levels. (Source: Special Investigation by Donald L. Barlett and James B,. Steele, Time Magazine, December 2002.)
6. Wealthy Indian gaming tribes can also be influencing gambling along with other policies affecting Native Americans by handing a lot to influential lobbying firms. (Source: Special Investigation by Donald L. Barlett and James B, Steele, Time Magazine, December 2002.)
7. In towns with casino's, there is definitely an increase inside following:
e. Domestic violence
f. Drug and alcohol addiction
What is Gambling Addiction?
Gambling addiction is called an action addiction. When gambling, the endocrine system, adrenaline and endorphins, are self-produced. As the person gambles often, it contributes to tolerance to the adrenaline and endorphins, therefore it takes more gambling and stakes, to obtain the equal high. Recent studies show that slot machine gambling illuminates the human brain exactly as cocaine does. (Source: Stop the Casino 101 Coalition)
If an internet casino were to petition to find downtown Enid, what might be your opinion? Do you think it would enhance our community or bring social problems we may not want to cope with?